Cotswold Vets Limited Terms and Conditions
Thank you for entrusting the care of your pet to Cotswold Vets Limited. Some of the terms detailed may not be relevant to you and we request that you ask for further explanation or clarification if required.
All professional fees, medications and reception sales are subject to VAT at the current rate. Fee levels are determined by the time spent on the case, and in surgical cases, by the complexity of the surgery. Fees will also be applied in respect of drugs, materials, consumables and diets used. We reserve the right to charge for verbal advice, including on the telephone. Our written fee list is available on request. You are entitled to a detailed invoice for every consultation, surgical procedure or transaction with us.
- Consultation (vet) £47.50
- Consultation (extra) £71.25
- Consultation (extended) £95
- Consultation (nurse) £23.75
- Clip nails £12.50
- Written prescription fee £20
- Cat vaccination (indoor): £47.50
- Cat vaccination (outdoor): £55
- Kitten vaccination course (indoor) £67.50
- Kitten vaccination course (outdoor) £82.50
- Dog vaccination £47.50
- Kennel cough (at time of other vaccination) £37.50
- Kennel cough vaccination £47.50
- Puppy vaccination course £82.50
- Rabbit vaccination (myxomatosis/RHD1/RHD2) £60
- Rabbit vaccination (myxomatosis and RHD1) £47.50
- Rabbit vaccination (RHD2 only) £37.50
- Spay cat £100
- Spay cat (midline) £140
- Castrate cat £75
- Spay bitch 10kg or under £230
- Spay bitch 10.1-20.0kg £260
- Spay bitch 20.1-40.0kg £290
- Spay bitch >40kg £320
- Keyhole spay surcharge +£200
- Castrate dog 25kg or under £190
- Castrate dog >25.1kg £230
- Spay rabbit £120
- Castrate rabbit £90
Others fees: Other procedures are estimated individually at the time of consultation and can be provided in a printed and/or email format.
Methods of Payment
Accounts are due for settlement at the end of the consultation, the discharge of your pet from the surgery, or upon supply of any goods. You may settle the account with cash, credit/debit cards (Mastercard, Visa, Delta, Maestro, Solo, Electron, American Express) or cheque with current bankers card up to the guaranteed limit. All products supplied remain the property of Cotswold Vets Limited until paid for in full.
Estimate of Costs
A written estimate as to the probable cost of treatment is available upon request. Please remember that any estimate is approximate, for guidance, and that additional costs may be incurred after treatment/investigations reveal additional issues.
Any accounts agreed, must be paid within 30 days of the original invoice. After due notice to you, unpaid accounts will be subject to further charges applied in respect of the costs incurred in collecting the debt and associated court expenses etc. Any cheque returned by your bank as unpaid, credit card not honoured or cash tendered and found to be counterfeit, will result in restoration of the original invoice as well as further charges to cover the incurred costs.
Inability to Pay
If, for any reason, you are unable to settle your account as specified, we ask you to discuss the matter, as soon as possible with a member of staff. Please note that installment or part-payments of any account may ONLY be sanctioned with the express permission of Anna or Ben Gamsa, the Veterinary Directors.
Pet Health Plans
At Cotswold Vets, we also offer a preventative healthcare plan called the Cotswold VIP Club that is designed to give your pets the very best of preventative healthcare including vaccinations, flea/tick/worm treatments, nail clipping and more all wrapped up in a small monthly direct debit. For more information about exactly what is offered and the monthly costs involved, please click the button below.
Pet Health Insurance
Cotswold Vets Limited strongly supports the principle of insuring your pet against unexpected illnesses or accidents. Please ask about insurance from any member of staff. Please inform our staff if you intend to claim on an insurance policy, and our staff will explain the claims process and our involvement therein. Please note all excesses to policies must be paid direct to us at the time these fees are incurred.
Ownership of Records, Radiographs and Similar
Case records and similar records are the property of Cotswold vets Limited, and will be retained by us. On request, copies, with a summary of the history, will be passed directly to another veterinary surgeon giving a second opinion. Radiographs and results of all other tests we have performed remain the property of Cotswold Vets Limited, even though we have raised an invoice for undertaking and interpreting these procedures. The results will be passed directly to another veterinary surgeon if a second opinion is sought.
Prescriptions are available for any Prescription Only Medicine (POM-V, POM-VPS or NFA-VPS) required to treat any animal under our care. These medicines may be obtained from us or you may request a written prescription to obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or pharmacist or merchant. An additional fee is charged for a written veterinary prescription. Consultation fees will apply in either case. Please refer to the notice in reception. Prescriptions for POM-V medicines may be repeated at our discretion, to animals under our care, after a clinical assessment of the case. Regular checkups are required, at intervals of no more than every 6 months. POM-V medicines may be dispensed in amounts sufficient for up to 3 months treatment, at our discretion. Variations may apply according to our clinical assessment of the case.
Procedures for referral
Internal Referral: In some instances we may wish to refer your pet internally to a team member with a special interest or post graduation qualifications in a specific area. An additional consultation fee would be applicable in this situation. External Referral: In the instance that we suggest or advise referral to a specialist veterinary surgeon, we will discuss the choices available. We will base this on discipline, location and the specific requirements of you and your pet. Please note there is a £60 referral fee for the veterinary administration time associated with this.
Procedures for second opinion
We are happy to accept cases for a second opinion. As with any new client, we would ask to request your pet’s previous veterinary history prior to the consultation taking place. If you wish for a second opinion secondary to a visit to our clinic, please expect a call from the veterinary surgery of your choice to give us consent to send your pet’s history across.
Out of Hours Service
Cotswold Vets Limited contracts it’s out-of-hours service to Vets Now Swindon (Vets Now Swindon, 252 Croft Road, Swindon. SN1 4RW). This 24-hour service can be accessed once our clinic is closed by telephoning 01793 603810. If you call Cotswold Vets out of hours, a recorded voicemail will also provide this telephone number. Animals which are hospitalised at Cotswold Vets Limited and require continuous monitoring will be transferred to Vets Now premises. In this circumstance, you are responsible for arranging transport of your pet to Vets Now. If this is not appropriate or not possible for you to do, we can provide a transport service for them in the Cotswold Vets’ ambulance for a fee. Out-of-hours small animal emergency cases are seen at the Vets Now Swindon premises. For lower dependency cases, overnight care can be arranged at Cotswold Vets Limited, however you should be aware that staff are not on permanent vigil throughout the night.
Initial consultation costs at Vets Now Swindon:
- Before 9pm £185.50
- After 9pm £239
- Other cost estimates can be provided in advance of treatment, but are dependent on the clinical situation at the time of transfer/presentation
Complaints and Standards
We hope that you never have course to complain about the standards of service received from Cotswold Vets Limited. However, if you feel that there is something you wish to complain about please direct your comments, in writing, in the first instance to Ben Gamsa. If the problem is not resolved at this stage, you may wish to contact our governing body, the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Variation in Terms of Trading
No addition or variation of these conditions will bind the Company unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by one of the Veterinary Directors. No agent or person employed by, or under contract with, Cotswold Vets Limited has the authority to alter or vary these conditions in any way.
Cotswold Vets respects your right to privacy. Listed below are details the types of personal information we may collect about you and your pet as a registered client. If you have any questions about the use of your personal information please contact us at: Cotswold Vets, Cotswold Agricultural Centre, Driffield, Gloucestershire GL7 5QA; Tel: 01285 861090; E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org< /a>
When do we collect personal information
Information will be collected about you and your pet when:
- Register as a new client or register a new pet
- If you join our pet health plan
- A micro-chip is implanted into your pet
- Visit our website
- Engage with us on social media
- Contact us with a question or appointment request; in person, electronically or by phone
- Review our practice
- Complete a survey about our practice
- On occasion we record our phone conversations
- Visiting our practice; CCTV is in operation in the car park and the reception rooms </ul
What information do we collect and why
On registration with the practice we will ask you to provide: your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and details of your pet(s). This is regarded as information essential for us to have multiple means of contact to provide continuity of care for your pet. When you visit our website cookies and similar tracking technology is recorded. Personal information that we obtain is used for analytical purposes. Any analysis is deemed appropriate to understanding the preference and needs of our clients.
Sharing your personal information
We will disclose your personal information to the following recipients:
- A referral centre or visiting specialist for ongoing care of your pet
- To our out of hours provider for ongoing care of your pet
- To laboratories to whom we are sending samples from your pet
- To another veterinary practice (if you request for your history to be sent)
- To insurance companies as part of the claims process
- Debt recovery agencies
- To a law enforcement body, government agency, court or other third part where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person
- To a potential buyer of the practice
- To any other person if you give consent to disclosure
- To our pet health plan provider if you join (including bank details for direct debit purposes)
The personal information we have collected from you will be retained as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, which will be for a least five years after your last transaction.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following rights over your data:
- To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information
- To withdraw consent from the processing of your data
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 if you have concerns regarding the handling of your personal information and are not satisfied with our response