Prescriptions are available from this practice:
- You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines, Category V, (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy.
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care.
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary.
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal.
- The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions every 6 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. The standard charge for a vet consultation is £42.
- The standard charge for a prescription is £18.
- Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.